Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Prayer of St Francis



Prayer of St Francis - Make me an Instrument of Your Peace


A friend of mine mentioned that she dwells on the  Prayer of St. Francis when she needs peace in the midst of her personal chaos.
This has always been one of my favorite songs on my favorite hymn cd.


Susan Boyle - Beautiful - as if it should be in a broadway musical like Les Mis


John Michael Talbot - I've always enjoyed his music.  This is a slow version, but beautiful

Sarah Maclachlan - always sublime, very much "her" version, a little bit too much of a "production" though.

Not sure of who the singer is.  A girl child singing.  I do like this one though.  Sounds like a solo from a child at church

Classical version, classical woman singer in the hometown of St. Francis in Italy, nice scenery!


Nobody yet is singing it with any meaning or umph or feeling.  They're singing it beautifully because its a beautiful song.  No yearning in the voice as yet.

Sinead O Connor - a peaceful version.  Getting closer.  really pretty.

The Burns Sisters - a trio of sisters singing


Of course, there are plenty of choir versions on youtube.  If you like choir versions, you will find plenty there....

Lyrics in Sign Language


well, you know how I feel about slow versions.  And yet, this one is TOO FAST.



A Bit of a jazz version.  Really good song.




Words said aloud by an Irishman amongst scenery pictures.



With a Native American flute


Instrumental version:

Olivia Newton John Duet - Nice!  I really like the duet part, very harmonious together


Kristin Chenoweth Version - more of what I'm looking for                 

I watched many many videos of people who can't sing.  But that's the beauty of youtube.

This one has a DEEP, DEEP, DEEP, DEEP voice
                                     

Wasn't expecting this voice from this video:
                                   
                                     

I really like this one.  Matt Wessell - not pretentious like so many others


                                      

This one is peaceful. Vince Ambrosetti

                                     

It sounds like a medieval guitar version - famous singer from the 1960s  - like it!
                                       
                                     

Ethereal version:
                                     

Definitely more of what I'm looking for.  I think she has experienced sorrow.
                         
                                     

Denison Witmer - also a really nice version, i appreciate it more and more as i listen

                                      


One of my favorite versions from a cd that i've had since 1997 and still one of my favs.  Mars Hill Worship One  (and no, I don't support or like Mars Hill the church, but this was back in 1997, and it was a different place.  I picked up this cd at a conference in Glorieta, New Mexico.)
Prayer of St Francis version by Brad Currah
Mars Hill One on Amazon
If i can ever figure out how to upload a song to a blog from a cd, I'll put it here.
(PS. I just found a video of one of the songs on the Cd.  I had no idea.  And I've had this cd for 19 years!)
Oh, and Brad Currah did another version last year on his new cd.
Brad Currah Song Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment