Saturday, August 9, 2014

For the Beauty of the Earth

So I asked a friend what was her favorite hymn.  She said, "For The Beauty of the Earth."  That she had loved it since she heard it from the Little Women movie as a child.
So here I go....on a journey to rediscover this song.....
It has been many years since I have heard or sung this song.
There is a lot to be grateful for right now in my life - though times are hard, God keeps giving and providing.....So this song is fitting for my life.........

Soft, pretty version.  Love the soft pipe flute in the middle.
Steve and Danny Thompson





Harp, celticy version with intertwining melodious pretty voices.
Amy Shreve




Banjo version in a church.  Very country and lively!
Found Wandering




Oh I do like this one.  Just a very nice peaceful voice on a guitar.
The N Crew




Here's just an instrumental version:
Chris Rice




Very, Very, Very slow version.  I think you all know by now how I feel about Very, Very, Very slow versions.......
The Lower Lights




Flute Instrumental Version:





Another Instrumental Version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9fTRxQIbI4

Another Instrumental Piano Version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqmrwi43vw

Oldest version I found from 1973:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tn22mnsSmc


Lots of choir versions.  LOTS AND LOTS of choir versions.
The boy choir ones though sure are beautiful.
This is the original version:



This is the version with lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsJ4epHfA4


The same version of song.  But with adults.  And in Spanish.  The church is gorgeous.




Soooooo.......someone did a movie tribute with one of my Favorite movies to this song....those who Love The Man from Snowy River movie will appreciate this montage.....




Here is a folk singer version.  I Really like this one.
Amy Martin




Most versions that I am listening to now are just a bit too slow.  Some beautiful voices, some beautiful instrumentation, but Slow.
Let's see if I can find one that is just a tad bit faster.  I am feeling like this song *could* be a song you could jump and down to.  Just haven't found that version yet.  Of course, I feel like every hymn should have a version where you can jump up and down......

Ok, this one made me laugh.  Its a Pop Boy version.  Its actually very pretty.  Just very poppy.




Oh Here is One.  I Do like this One.  Its a Hallelujah/FTBOTE mashup.
Definitely my style......maybe a bit "worship hymn CD" syndrome - but still really good.
Scott Dyer




So my four year old son came in and curled up on my lap and listened to this one with me.....he liked the pictures.....




Well, this One is Different.....




Well, I hope these versions of this hymn have brought you some peace and calm in this jittery world of ours.....

My favorite versions:  Amy Martin and Scott Dyer Versions.  Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment